|Items||Overseas Chinese people’s application for residence permits in Fujian province|
|Regulation||Notice of the “Interim Procedures on the Overseas Chinese People’s Application for Residence Permits in Fujian Province” issued by Overseas Chinese affairs Office, Public Security Department and Foreign Affairs office of Fujian Province (Fujian Overseas Chinese Policy  No 32)|
(1) The applicant should have stayed in China for a successive 60 days or a total of 90 days within one year prior to the date of application.
(2) The applicant has a legal and stable residence and income source.
Overseas Chinese refer to the Chinese citizens who reside abroad, have long-term or permanent residence permits and have lived in their countries of residence for more than 18 months within two years. It also includes Chinese citizens who do not have long-term or permanent residence permits but have permits to live in their countries of residence for five years and stay in their countries of residence for more than 30 months within five years.
Chinese citizens who study abroad (including sponsors or at its own expense) or official business trips in foreign countries (including labors) are not classed as overseas Chinese during their study or work in foreign countries.
(1) Resident Permit in Fujian Province Application Form for Overseas Chinese (two pieces).
(2) A statement letter to prove that the applicant gives up the previous residence right in other countries voluntarily.
(3) Two color photos for certificates (48*33 mm).
(4) Valid passport or certificate of tourism in China as well as a photocopy.
(5) Certificate of long-term or permanent resident permit, or the certificate and copy of the applicant’s resident permit for more than successive five years (including five years) if he or she didn’t get the long-term or permanent resident permit. The abovementioned certificates are all authenticated by the Chinese embassy or consulate in foreign countries.
(6) Proof of nullification of the original residence permit issued by the local police station of the previous residence.
(7) If the applicant plans to reside in a village, he or she should submit a letter which proves that the local village committee accepts him or her as a member.
(8) Original and photocopy of the certificate which proves that the applicant or his or her immediate family has a legal and stable residence and income (including Certificate of Title, Certificate of Bank Deposit and Labor Contract).
(9) If the applicant has received a long-term or permanent residence permit, he or she shall submit relevant document to show his or her stay in the country of residence for more than 18 months within two years;
If the applicant does not have long-term or permanent residence permit, he or she shall submit relevant document to show his or her stay in the country of residence for more than 30 months within five years;
The applicant shall stay in China for successive 60 days or a total of 90 days within one year before the date of application (the record of exit and entry is issued by divisions of Xiamen exit-entry administration bureau).
(10) The applicant should submit the application by himself or herself. Relatives can also help the applicant to do so for some objective reasons, and they should provide Identity Card of the consignee, certificate of their kinship and power of attorney.
|Authority||Foreign and overseas Chinese affairs offices in all the districts of Xiamen|
1. Acceptance and preliminary examination from local foreign and overseas Chinese affairs office of the applicant’s planned residence
2. Verification from local public security organ
3. Examination and approval from Xiamen foreign and overseas Chinese affairs office
|Time limit||30 work days|
|Address and telephone number|
2nd Floor, Tuanjie Building, No 16, Bailuzhou Road, Siming district (Overseas Chinese Policy Division)
Work Days: 8:30am-12:00am；2:30pm-5:00pm (Winter)
(Except Tuesday afternoons)
The 15th Xiamen International Marathon, an IAAF Gold Label road race event, held by the Fujian province city since 2003 will run on Jan 2, 2017.
The Jimei Arles International Photography Festival will return to the city of Xiamen for the second year on Nov 20