i. Apply for Visa
To make short-term news coverage in China, foreign journalists shall first of all obtain the consent of the organizations or individuals in China to be interviewed and then apply for J-2 visa to the Chinese embassies or consulates overseas or the visa agencies authorized by the Foreign Ministry. The applicants shall submit the following documents to the Chinese embassies or consulates overseas or the visa agencies authorized by the Foreign Ministry 30 days in advance:
1. The application letter (offering information about the name list of the journalists, arrival and departure dates, the venue and outline of the interview, brief introduction, address, telephone and fax of the media organization, etc) signed by an officer in charge of the media organization for which the applicant works and the detailed schedule of the applicant's activities in China;
2. The invitation letter offered by the organizations or individuals to be interviewed;
3. Passport, copy of the professional journalist credentials and contact information of the applicant;
4. Visa application form
Where a foreign journalist is to travel to China with the head of State, head of government, head of legislative body, members of the royal family or senior government officials of a country, the foreign ministry or relevant department of the country concerned shall apply to a Chinese diplomatic mission abroad or a visa agency authorized by the Foreign Ministry of China for the Journalist Visa on behalf of the journalist.
ii. Extension of Visa
If foreign journalists need to extend their stay in China for reporting purpose with justifiable reasons, those visiting Beijing can apply for visa extension to the exit and entry administration department of Beijing public security bureau with the approval of the Information Department or Beijing FAO in advance; those conducting reporting activities outside Beijing can apply for visa extension to the exit and entry administration department of local public security authorities with the approval of the local provincial FAOs in advance.
Iii, Bringing Reporting Equipments into China
The permanent offices of foreign media organizations or foreign journalists wishing to bring reporting equipments into China shall go through necessary procedures according to the regulations of the General Administration of Customs:
1. The permanent offices of foreign media organizations and resident foreign journalists wishing to bring reporting equipments into China shall go through necessary procedures in accordance with the Measures of the Customs of the People's Republic of China for Supervising the Entry and Exit of Public Goods of Resident Offices (Decree of the General Administration of Customs of the People's Republic of China No. 115, http://www.customs.gov.cn).
2. Foreign journalists who accompany the visiting foreign dignitaries (heads of state, heads of government, foreign ministers, ets. ) delegations and bring reporting equipments such as professional photographing, filming and editing equipments into China temporarily, shall present confirmation Letter of Reporting Equipments for Foreign Dignitaries Accompanying Journalists issued by the Information Department and Equipments List to the Customs when going through customs inspection. The equipments should be shipped out of China's territory by the accompanying journalists after the foreign dignitaries finish the visit to China.
3. For those foreign journalists who bring reporting equipments such as professional photographing, filming and editing equipments into China temporarily for short-term news coverage, if they are invited by a Chinese organization which has the qualifications recognized by the Customs to issue Letter of Guarantee, they shall present Letter of Guarantee issued by this organization, Equipments List and J-2 Visa to the Customs when going through customs inspection; if they are invited by a Chinese organization which does not have the qualifications recognized by the Customs to issue Letter of Guarantee, or they are not invited by any Chinese organizations, they shall present Letter of Guarantee issued by Chinese domestic banks or financial institutions or pay the deposit to the customs together with Equipments List and J-2 Visa for Customs Clearance. The equipments should be shipped out of China's territory at the end of their reporting activities and necessary procedures gone through at the entry customs.
The permanent offices of foreign media organizations and foreign journalists importing radio communication equipment temporarily for the needs of news coverage and reporting, should present Letter of Approval issued by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, local radio management authorities, Communication Center of Ministry of Transport or other relevant authorities to the Customs.
The 15th Xiamen International Marathon, an IAAF Gold Label road race event, held by the Fujian province city since 2003 will run on Jan 2, 2017.
The Jimei Arles International Photography Festival will return to the city of Xiamen for the second year on Nov 20