I. The legitimate rights and interests of the permanent offices of foreign media organizations and foreign journalists shall be respected and protected. The permanent offices of foreign media organizations and foreign journalists can ask for help from the Information Department, the local FAOs or other related authorities to safeguard their legitimate rights and interests..
II. The Information Department, the local FAOs and other related authorities will facilitate and support news coverage and reporting activities of foreign journalists carried out in accordance with law.
III. A resident foreign journalist or a foreign journalist for short-term news coverage shall apply for the Journalist Visa with a Chinese diplomatic mission abroad or a visa agency authorized by the Foreign Ministry. Foreign journalists with visa other than journalist visa such as L visa or F visa shall not engage in news coverage and reporting activities in China.
A foreign journalist who intends to interview organizations or individuals in China needs to obtain their prior consent. IV. To conduct news coverage and reporting activities in places which are open to foreigners, foreign journalists do not need to apply to the local FAOs. However, foreign journalists shall not make interviews or take photographs in places which are not open to foreigners or have other special requirements, military forbidden zones, places which are not open to the public and places which have clear signs of forbidding interview and photography without approval.
V. A foreign journalist shall carry and present his Press Card (R) (resident foreign journalist) or Journalist Visa for Short Visit (J-2 Visa) (foreign journalist for short-term news coverage) to the organizations or individuals he interviews, local FAOs or public security staff when conducting news coverage activities.
VI. Permanent offices of foreign media organizations and foreign journalists shall abide by the laws, regulations and rules of China, observe the professional ethics of journalism, conduct news coverage and reporting activities on an objective and impartial basis, and shall not engage in activities which are incompatible with the nature of the organizations or the capacity as journalists.
VII. Foreign journalists shall neither engage in business activities nor work part-time for foreign embassies, consulates or other agencies in China.
VIII. Foreign journalists who make interviews against Chinese laws, regulations and rules shall be handled by the public security authorities in accordance with law.
Related Laws and Regulations
1. Constitution of the People's Republic of China
2. General Principles of the Civil Law of the People's Republic of China
3. Criminal Law of the People's Republic of China
4. Law of the People’s Republic of China on Public Security Administration Punishments
5. Martial Law of the People's Republic of China
6. Law of the People's Republic of China on Emergency Response
7. Law of the People's Republic of China on Regional National Autonomy
8. Customs Law of the People's Republic of China
9. State Security Law of the People's Republic of China and the Implementing Rules
10. Law of the People's Republic of China on the Protection of Military Installations and the Implementing Rules
11. Law of the People's Republic of China on the Protection of Cultural Relics and the Implementing Rules
12. Law of the People's Republic of China on Control of the Entry and Exit of Aliens and the Implementing Rules
13. Law of the People's Republic of China on Assemblies, Processions and Demonstrations and the Implementing Rules
14. Regulation on Telecommunications of the People’s Republic of China
15. Regulations of the People's Republic of China on the Management of Radio Operation
16. Regulations of the People's Republic of China on Import and Export Duties
17. Regulation on the Urgent Handling of Public Health Emergencies
18. Regulations on Broadcasting and Television Administration
19. Provisions on the Administration of Religious Activities of Aliens within the Territory of the People's Republic of China
20. Regulations on the Radio Frequency Allocation of the People's Republic of China
21. Provisions on the Management of the Import of Radio Transmission Equipment
22. Provisions on the Administration of Ground Receiving Facilities for Satellite Television Transmissions
23. Provisions on the Management of the Construction of Satellite Communications Network and the Installation and Use of Earth Stations
24. Interim Provisions on Import Taxes on Articles Taken into China by Foreigners Permanently Residing in China
25. Interim Regulations on the Administration of Cultural Relics Filming
Decree of the General Administration of Customs of the People's Republic of China No. 115
The newly appointed director of the Xiamen office of Korea Trade-investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), Jung Sung-hwa, visited the Chinese city's Foreign and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office Aug 8.
The 2018 Xiamen Taiwan Teenagers Camp took place in the city on the coast of the Chinese mainland on July 14 with the aim of reinforcing the understanding of traditional Chinese culture.